Maintaining a lawn takes a lot of time, effort, and dedication. However, having the right tools makes lawn care much easier, and what better place to start than with the best liquid lawn fertilizer concentrates?
Below you will find an extensive list covering every type of liquid lawn fertilizer you could possibly need to yield the perfect lawn in any weather.
We have also included a guide to help you choose the right lawn fertilizer.
What is the Best Liquid Lawn Fertilizer
- Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Fertilizer – Best liquid lawn weed and feed
- Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK-Lawn Fertilizer – Best for overall growth
- Just Scentsational Bare Ground Solutions – Best Organic Fertilizer
- Revive Ready-to-Spray – Best lawn spray fertilizer for brown spots
- Extreme Grass Growth Lawn Booster – Best liquid grass fertilizer
- Medina 12-4-8 – Best spray fertilizer for grass
- FoxFarm – Best best lawn liquid fertilizer for Extreme Growth
- Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food – Best for growing turf
- Commercial Grade Lawn Energizer – Best for All Seasons
- Environmental Factor 7001200 – Best Pet & Kid-friendly Liquid Fertilizer
- Fertilome (10625) Chelated Liquid Iron – Best for Yellow Spots
- Ultimate 3-18-18 NPK– Best liquid fertilizer for grass in summer
- Micronutrient Booster – Best for Micronutrient Deficiency
- Southern Ag Chelated Liquid Iron – Best Chelated Iron Fertilizer
- PetraTools Liquid Fertilizer – Best liquid nitrogen fertilizer
The best liquid fertilizer for lawns
Get ready to turn your lawn into a lush paradise. Say hello to the best liquid fertilizer for lawns, your grass’s new BFF.
Compiling this list of the best liquid lawn fertilizers was quite an adventure. We delved into expert reviews, conducted hands-on tests, and pored over valuable customer feedback.
Throughout our research, we kept a keen eye on nutrient balance, effectiveness, eco-friendliness, and ease of application.
The result? A carefully curated selection designed to make your lawn thrive effortlessly.
1. Best liquid lawn weed and feed – Scotts Liquid Turf
- Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control kills listed weeds, all while giving your lawn a quick boost of nitrogen
- Liquid weed killer plus fertilizer controls dandelion, clover, ground ivy, henbit, chickweed, plantain, poison ivy, and other broadleaf weeds as listed
- Apply this ready-to-spray when weeds are actively growing
- This lawn care product is for use on Bluegrass, Fescue, Ryegrass, Bahiagrass, Common Bermudagrass, Centipedegrass, and Zoysiagrass
- Simply connect Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control to a garden hose, turn on water, and spray
The first product we will look at is one of the most popular lawn fertilizers made by one of the best garden-care manufacturers.
What we love (and what you’ll come to love) about Scotts Liquid Turf Builder is that it is a 2-in-1.
Scotts could have stopped at making an amazing liquid lawn fertilizer, but they went a step further by adding a weedicide to it.
While this won’t kill all weeds, it will at least terminate the usual suspects: dandelion, chickweed, knotweed, ragweed, and other types of weeds.
This addition is spectacular because typical liquid lawn fertilizers encourage weed growth.
This liquid fertilizer is a 25-0-2, meaning it contains 25% nitrogen, no phosphorus, and 2% potassium.
As a result, this soil liquid lawn fertilizer concentrate is best for soils lacking in nitrogen and not much else.
After application, the fertilizer begins to work after 24 hours. This 32oz bottle is enough to cover 6,000 sq. ft. What’s great is that you can apply this before or after rain, and it will still work great.
- Easy to use.
- Kills weeds effectively.
- It covers a large area.
- It only comes in one bottle size.
2. Best for Overall Growth – Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK-Lawn Food Quality Liquid Fertilizer
- Complete NPK Lawn Food: 16-4-8 is the perfect blend of key macronutrients. This lawn liquid food turf fertilizer also contains Seaweed & Fish.
- Contains High Quality Feed Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn with pure liquid Nutrients in a ready to use sprayer
- Easy To Use: Designed to be easily applied. This complete Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potash formula gives your grass greening & growth while providing nutrients for lush lawns
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Florida Palmetto, Bahia, Fescue, Ryegrass & Kentucky Bluegrass
- Produced In The United States: 16-4-8 is manufactured in the United States of America, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
One secret about getting the best results is to apply liquid lawn fertilizer after doing a soil test to know which one to buy. However, if you want to avoid doing a soil test, this product was made for you.
Simple Lawn Solutions Advanced 16-4-8 provides a healthy dose of the macronutrients every lawn needs. This differs from the previous fertilizer we looked at, which doesn’t provide any phosphorous.
Not only does the Advanced 16-4-8 cover its bases, but it also contains seaweed and fish for extra lawn health.
As a result, you can use this on any type of grass – again, this is suitable for people who don’t know what type of grass they have.
This powerful concentrate comes in a ready-to-spray container. So simply connect your hose and start giving your lawn the turf fertilizer it deserves.
While this product is otherwise flawless, we don’t love that it covers only 3,200 square feet.
In fairness, this is still much larger than the average front and backyard, but it pales in comparison to some of its competitors.
- It covers all the major macronutrients.
- It also contains seaweed and fish.
- It can be used on all grass types.
- It has limited coverage.
- It works slower than expected.
3. Best Organic Fertilizer – Just Scentsational Bare Ground Solutions
- OMRI-rated, all-natural, cold pressed, 100% organic fish fertilizer adds proteins and enzymes to soil
- Concentrated, high-energy soil nutrient broth creates better lawns, crops, or gardens
- Trident's Pride cuts down on chemical fertilizers while increasing anti-oxidants, sugar, and earthworm population
- Increased microbe production reduces the need for pesticides and creates stronger growth
- This fertilizer comes in an easy-pour jug with a handle for easy application; Suggested use is 4-6 oz per gallon of water
Next, we have a purely organic liquid lawn fertilizer with surprisingly good results.
You would think that the best liquid lawn fertilizers are chemical, but thousands of users will affirm that plants and lawns love Trident’s Pride Liquid Fish Soil Enhancer.
This product is OMRI-rated to be all-natural, as it is 100% fish fertilizer. This makes it very rich in proteins, thus empowering the soil to do what it naturally does best.
In addition, this hydroponic soil fertilizer will boost microbe production and the earthworm population.
The boost in earthworms will remove harmful chemicals while breaking down organic compounds. When the earthworms die, they release more fertilizer.
Thus, this is one of the best liquid fertilizers for long-term care because it keeps working long after you stop applying.
When a product sounds this good, there has to be a catch, right? Well, it is made from fish, so it is very smelly.
Trident Pride is best for outdoor application, although you can also use it for potted plants. The other drawback is you need to dilute it before spraying, so it’s not as easy to use as others.
However, the benefits certainly outweigh the minor inconveniences. You should apply this organic liquid fertilizer early for best results.
- 100% Natural.
- Suitable for all types of grass.
- Boosts earthworm production.
- It has a strong smell.
- Needs to be diluted.
4. Best lawn spray fertilizer for brown spots – Revive Ready-to-Spray Soil Builder
- A handy hose-end spray nozzle perfect spot treating smaller areas and can be refilled with the Gallon concentrate
- Revive will solve many summertime brown spot problems, breaking up and loosening hard soils and increasing water penetration
- Composed of Lignosulfates which is an excellent slow release carbon source for the soil microbes and increases soil cation exchange capacity
- Made in United States
Next, we have a product that isn’t technically a liquid lawn fertilizer but is essential to getting beautiful, green lawns.
That is because Revive Soil Builder does an excellent job of resurrecting brown spots in your lawn.
Unfortunately, this product doesn’t work independently; you must apply it alongside granular or liquid fertilizer.
However, its many benefits will still help you save money in the long run. For starters, the main benefit of this liquid soil builder is that it reduces how much water you use.
Revive works deeper into the soil, which will enable your lawn to store water for longer. It also breaks up the soil, allowing the roots to get more nutrients, fertilizer, and water.
This product also contains a healthy serving of iron and boosts soil microbes. This is also a garden hose end sprayer, so it is easy to apply liquid lawn fertilizer.
- Easy to use with a garden hose.
- It revives brown spots.
- It helps conserve water.
- You need to apply it with other fertilizers.
5. Best liquid grass fertilizer – Extreme Grass Growth Lawn Booster
- Increase Vertical & Lateral Growth: Advanced Humic Acid Formula, Also Great for New Sod/Seeding
- Nitrogen & Phosphorus Fertilizer: Commercial Lawn Growth Boosting Formula in a Ready-To-Use Hose End Sprayer
- Use For Nutrient Deficiency, New Lawns and Lawn Repair: Concentrated Nutrients formulated to boost the growth of your lawn
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Florida Palmetto, Bahia, Fescue, Ryegrass & Kentucky Bluegrass
- Produced In The United States: Growth Booster is manufactured in the United States of America, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
Seeding a lawn is exciting yet daunting. The number one concern is if the seeds will take root and look anything like the salesperson promised.
With Simple Lawn Solutions’ Extreme Grass Growth Lawn Booster, you don’t need to be anxious.
This liquid spray concentrated fertilizer is designed for general lawn care but works best for new seeds.
That is because it has one of the highest concentrations of phosphorous in its 6-18-0 formula. Phosphorous is critical to plant growth and especially boosts photosynthesis.
As a result, this liquid lawn fertilizer is also great for fixing patches of yellow grass and general lawn care.
What’s more, you also get a kick of humic acid to ensure you get greener grass with vertical and lateral growth.
You will enjoy its easy-to-use garden hose connection. What’s more, is that this is a commercial lawn fertilizer, so you can use it on any lawn size.
However, it only covers 3,200 square feet, so you might be better off buying the gallons for larger yards.
- Rich in phosphorous.
- Great for seeding lawns.
- Easy to use.
- It works on commercial lawns.
- It only covers 3,200 square feet.
- Does not contain potassium.
6. Best spray fertilizer for grass – Medina 12-4-8 Ready-to-Spray HastaGro Lawn
- Greens Up Lawns Quickly
- Fast Efficient Absorption By Grass
- More Vigorous Lawns From Spring To Fall
- No Assembly Required
The Medina brand is one of the oldest lawn care companies in the world. They have been perfecting their formula for over 60 years, which is why the Medina 12-4-8 is one of the best liquid lawn fertilizers.
This is a read-to-spray fertilizer, so connect it to a garden hose and start spraying. You don’t need to dilute or mix, which is handy when covering large areas.
One quart of this liquid lawn fertilizer will cover 4,000 square feet of lawn, which is pretty good but not the best.
You will notice that this has one of the richest concentrations of potassium, a nutrient that is minimized or completely ignored in some other liquid fertilizer concentrates.
Potassium will help improve drought tolerance, which makes this perfect for areas that don’t get a lot of water.
Besides the macronutrients, this fertilizer also has plant food supplements and a decent infusion of iron.
As a result, you can use this on any type of grass and expect to see obvious results in as little as one week.
The one limitation to this is if you live in a very hot place like Texas, you would need to apply this more frequently.
- Works on all types of grass.
- The best lawn spray fertilizer
- Rich in potassium.
- Good coverage area.
- Does not do well under intense.
7. Best best lawn liquid fertilizer for Extreme Growth – FoxFarm Grow Big Soil Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer
- Get the garden growing with Grow Big , a fast-acting, liquid concentrate fertilizer for lush, vegetative, compact growth
- Fortified with earthworm castings, Norwegian kelp and a super-concentrated micronutrient package, this special brew encourages a strong compact branching structure that supports more abundant buds and blooms
With a name like Instant Grow Big, it is easy to have extreme expectations. You either think the company is exaggerating or it works as advertised.
We can confirm that this liquid fertilizer concentrate does exactly what it says on the packaging. FoxFarm has a reputation for excellent products, and this one is no exception.
It is an organic-based fertilizer, so naturally, you don’t expect it to compete with chemicals. Plus, this is a 6-4-4 product, which is significantly less than what we’ve seen with other lawn fertilizers.
However, this fertilizer works like magic. It is great for lawns, but it is also fantastic for vegetables, whether grown indoors or outdoors.
From the first application, you begin to see a difference, hence the name ‘Instant.’ What we love about this fertilizer is that you can use it for years without environmental concerns.
Unlike other organic-based liquid fertilizers, this has a decent smell. The only downside is that it doesnt come ready to spray.
- It is good for the environment
- Works on lawn and vegetables
- It has a long shelf life
- Yields instant results
- It needs to be manually diluted.
8. Best for growing turf – Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food
- Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food contains the essential nutrients and feeding power lawns need for great results
- This 2-in-1 liquid fertilizer makes it easy to feed and water your grass at the same time
- Apply this grass fertilizer to actively growing turf
- This lawn care product can be applied to any grass type
- One 32 fl. oz. bottle of Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food covers 2,000 sq. ft.
When a lawn care company has been in existence since 1868, you can’t be surprised at the array of products they have.
Sotts Liquid Turf Builder is made specifically for growing lawns, thus makign it one of the best liquid lawn fertilizers for beginners.
Growing turf is vulnerable to the weather, so using this liquid fertilizer will help the roots grow strong and deep.
It also improves the lawn’s ability to absorb water and nutrients, which ensures a rich, dark green color. This is a 29-0-3 configuration, giving it one of the richest concentrations of nitrogen.
This is also an improved formula, so it helps the grass get greener than ever before. Even though this is a lawn builder, you can use it as part of your regular lawn care, although the results won’t be as dramatic.
Applying this liquid fertilizer is a cinch as it comes equipped with a garden hose screw for easy spraying.
The only problem is that the shape of the handle is not the most convenient. This fertilizer also comes in granules if you prefer.
- It works on different types of grass.
- Easy to spread.
- Rich in nitrogen.
- Great for young lawns.
- The handle can be uncomfortable.
9. Best for All Seasons – Commercial Grade Lawn Energizer- Grass Micronutrient Booster with Iron & Nitrogen
- Liquid Lawn Fertilizer Booster: Iron and Nitrogen Blend. Lawn Energizer booster provides essential nutrients needed to darken the green of your lawn
- Fertilizer with Attached Sprayer: liquid lawn booster treatment in a ready-to-use hose end sprayer covers 3,200 square feet
- Lawn Energizer 6-0-0 Contains 6% Nitrogen: Nitrogen encourages growth for the development of a dense attractive lawn
- Blended with 5% Iron: This concentrated solution is great for enhancing and deepening the green of your lawn
- Use Alongside Fertilizer Program. Lawn Energizer Liquid Fertilizer can be used with your current fertilizer program. Great as a supplement to granular fertilizer programs for a quick plant uptake
Next, we have another special product from Simple Lawn Solutions. Unlike the other products on the list, this liquid fertilizer is loaded with micronutrients instead of macronutrients.
That is why its macronutrient combination is a lowly 6-0-0. You see, this Commercial Grade Lawn Energizer is not meant for new or growing lawns but for older lawns at risk of nutrient deficiency.
So if you are noticing yellow leaves on your lawn, it means it is either nitrogen-deficient or iron-deficient. In that case, you need to stop reading and order this product right away.
The iron and micronutrients in this liquid fertilizer will help the grass become dark green. What’s more, is that you can apply this fertilizer easily with a garden hose.
Perhaps the most outstanding benefit is that you can use this all year round. As long as the grass is visible, you can spray it.
You can also use this for all grass types. As mentioned before, the only downside is this liquid fertilizer isn’t suitable for new lawns or soil with micronutrient deficiencies.
- It revives yellowing lawns.
- Easy to apply.
- It can be applied in all seasons.
- Not suitable for macronutrient deficiencies.
- Has limited coverage.
10. Best Pet and Kid-friendly Liquid Fertilizer – Environmental Factor 7001200 Green It Liquid Corn Gluten
Corn gluten has always been a great source of natural fertilizer. However, it is rarely in liquid form. So, you might call Environmental Factor’s fertilizer liquid gold.
Looking at its macronutrient composition might cause you to think this fertilizer isn’t suitable for lawns. It has merely 1% nitrogen and no phosphorous or potassium. However, this is by design.
The problem with most liquid fertilizers is that they tend to also fertilize weeds unless it is a 2-in-1 product that also has a herbicide.
Because this lawn fertilizer is so low in nitrogen, it prevents weed seeds from germinating. Unfortunately, that means it also prevents lawn seeds from growing too.
Therefore, you should only use this on developed or developing lawns. Once you do, you will notice the lawn growing lush and green in a short period.
You also don’t have to worry about using this fertilizer near pets and it is eco-friendly.
The only major inconvenience is that you need to not just dilute it manually before spraying, but you need to strain it carefully so it doesn’t clog your sprayer.
- Works on all types of grass.
- It prevents weed from germinating.
- It is ecofriendly.
- Unsuitable for seeding lawns.
- It is prone to clogging sprayers.
11. Best for Yellow Spots – Fertilome (10625) Chelated Liquid Iron
- Quick, economical and easy correction of iron deficiency (yellowing of foliage) in your plants.
- Nutritional spray adds other key micronutrients to your shrubs, lawns, tress, flowers & vegetables.
- Concentrate readily mixes with water. Should not be substituted for fertilizer.
- Apply 2 to 10 teaspoons per gallon depending on height of plant. See label for instruction.
- Apply a thorough foliage spray to both sides of leaves. Mix 1 tablespoon per gallon of water.
When lawns begin to yellow, chances are the grass is suffering from an iron deficiency.
When this happens, you need a liquid fertilizer that will correct the deficiency immediately, and we mean immediately! And that’s where Fertiloem chelated liquid iron fertilizer comes in.
This brilliant, straight-to-the-roots fertilizer might not look like much – it doesn’t come in a fancy ready-to-spray bottle or have any pretty branding – but it packs a punch.
In as little as 48 hours, you can begin to see excellent results as your deficient (not dying) lawn regains its dark green color.
Besides chelated iron, Ferti Lome also has copper, manganese, and zinc. Together, these micronutrients will help your plants photosynthesize better and become more resistant to diseases.
To apply, simply mix 2 teaspoons per gallon and start spritzing generously on the affected area. This liquid fertilizer will work on the plants and the soil, so you can spray it even before planting on iron-deficient soil.
As wonderful as this is, note that this is a highly-specific fertilizer, so you will need regular fertilizers with micronutrients to give your lawn the total package.
- Covers a large area.
- You get instant results.
- Builds diseases resistance.
- It can be used for other iron-deficient plants.
- It is not ready to spray.
- It does not have macronutrients.
12. Best liquid fertilizer for grass in summer – Ultimate 3-18-18 NPK- Lawn Food Quality Liquid Fertilizer
- High Phosphorus, High Potassium Lawn Food: If your lawn is showing symptoms of a Phosphorus and Potassium deficiency or if you want to maintain lawn health then this is the correct fertilizer for you!
- Made With High Quality Feed Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn to its top potential with quality liquid lawn Nutrients.
- Easy To Use: Designed to be easily applied. This high Phosphorus & Potassium Lawn Food gives your lawn the nutrients it needs for strong root development, vigor, and strength.
- Can Be Used on All Grass Types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Palmetto & Bluegrass Lawns.
- Easy to Use: Our 3-18-18 Lawn Fertilizer Food comes with a ready-to-use hose end sprayer that applies the perfect ratio of product for lawn applications. Covers up to 3,200 square feet, when using the attached sprayer.
So, we’re back to Simple Lawn Solutions, yet this one is just as distinct as the others. While most liquid fertilizers are meant for spring applications, this is for summer and fall!
Meaning if you started planting or fertilizing your lawn late, this is the best option for you.
Ultimate 3-18-18 also has the richest concentration of phosphorous and potassium among the fertilizers on our list.
As such, it is great for early lawn development, as it helps roots grow strong, deep, and resilient. You can also apply it on mature lawns to maintain excellence.
This is the type of fertilizer you use when your lawn is already green, or the soil is rich in nitrogen. Of course, you should also use this when you have phosphorous or potassium deficiency.
Application is easy, as it comes in a ready-to-spray quart. You can cover 3,200 square feet of any type of grass.
If you live in a place where the roots normally don’t go deep and it gets really sunny, this fall fertilizer for lawn is the Ultimate fertilizer for you.
- It can be applied during summer or fall.
- It works on all grass types.
- Very rich in phosphorous and potassium.
- It comes ready to spray.
- Not suitable for nitrogen-deficient fields.
- Low coverage area.
13. Best for Micronutrient Deficiency – Micronutrient Booster- Complete Plant & Turf Nutrients
- Micro Booster is a Concentrated Liquid Micronutrient Blend Designed to Enhance Color and Improve the Overall Vigor of your Turf, Garden or Plants.
- Feed your Lawn, Garden, and Indoor Plants With with a Blend of the Essential Complexed Micronutrients: Iron, Manganese, and Zinc, along with the secondary macronutrients Magnesium and Sulfur.
- Micro Booster can be used on any Grass Type Including St. Augustinegrass, Bahiagrass, Bermudagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Annual Ryegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall/Fine Fescues, Zoysiagrass, and more.
- Application Rates For Lawn & Garden: Use on Turfgrass, Flowers, Hardy trees, Young plants, Tomatoes, Vegetables, Fruit, Citrus, Flower beds, Bushes, Potting soil and More.
- Perk Up Lawn & Garden: Immediately Available Nutrients Formulated to be Rapidly Absorbed By the Plant to Correct & Prevent Deficiencies.
Our final product from Simple Lawns is a micro booster designed to help your lawn maintain its vigor and keep growing strong all season long.
This lawn fertilizer boasts of having all the micronutrients your lawn needs, as well as a couple of macronutrients.
If you have noticed yellowing leaves or blades of grass looking limp, chances are they need a shot of iron, and that’s what they’ll get.
This fertilizer also has manganese and zinc to ensure disease resistance and improved enzyme activity. To top it off, you also get two secondary nutrients: magnesium and sulfur.
Together, these will improve nutrient uptake, including the turf’s ability to absorb nitrogen from the soil or previously applied fertilizer.
It will also increase protein formation, which boosts immunity. Apply this liquid fertilizer to already healthy lawns to ensure they stay that way.
Sadly, this is the only Simple Lawns liquid fertilizer on our list that isn’t ready to spray. However, it is easy to mix, so don’t rule it out.
- It works instantly to improve vigor.
- It can be applied to all types of grass.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Helps boost immunity.
- Not ready to spray.
- You still need macronutrient fertilizer.
14. Best Chelated Iron Fertilizer – Southern Ag Chelated Liquid Iron
- Size: 16 OZ
- Corrects Iron deficiency in flowers, vegetables, shrubs and trees.
- Use in lawns for a deep, rich green color.
- APPLICATION: Mix with water. Apply as a drenching spray.
- For large quantity discount consideration or to request a mixed multi-pack, please message us.
The problem with healthy lawns is that owners take them for granted. If you applied granular fertilizers during spring and your lawn is looking great, you might not need to add any macronutrients.
However, if you want to ensure they keep looking dark green, you should consider Southern Ag Chelated Liquid Iron.
This liquid fertilizer has one job and one job only – to ensure the grass is always greener on your lawn. This will instantly correct iron deficiencies or ensure they never occur.
If you live in an area of heavy rainfall or you tend to over-irrigate, chances are your lawn will be iron deficient.
Of course, this isn’t the only chelated iron liquid fertilizer on our list, so what makes this one different? Well, Southern Ag designed this for you to apply on every green plant, from lawns and shrubs all the way to trees!
So, if you’ve got iron deficiency affecting your turf, chances are it will affect any trees in your yard, too, and this will come to the rescue. Just like other iron supplements, you need to mix this yourself.
- Corrects iron deficiency in all green plants, including trees.
- It works quickly.
- Once diluted, it covers a large area.
- Great for areas with heavy rainfall.
- You need a separate sprayer.
- It does not contain other micronutrients.
15. Best liquid nitrogen fertilizer – PetraTools Liquid Nitrogen Fertilizer
- ULTIMATE LIQUID NITROGEN FERTILIZER: This liquid lawn food supplement has an ultra-high nitrogen formula to promote green grass and quick growth. Easily turn yellow & nitrogen deficient grass into a lush thick green!
- 28-0-0 QUICK & SLOW RELEASE TECHNOLOGY: This 2-in-1 liquid lawn fertilizer formula provides 70% quick-release nitrogen for rapid green and growth and 30% slow-release nitrogen for ongoing growth between applications.Get the best of both worlds in 1 easy application.
- WORKS WITH ALL GRASS TYPES: Whether you have warm- or cold-season grass, this is the perfect liquid grass food for quick green-up. It's super-effective in making your lawn green and to achieve consistent growth. Ideal for both new and old lawns.
- Apply Nitrogen to Your Lawn Quickly: PetraTools created our NPK lawn booster to be simple and easy to use. Mix 5oz of liquid nitrogen per gallon of water for maintenance or 10 oz per gallon to correct nitrogen levels. Treats up to 12,800 Sq. Ft. for maintenance or 6,400 Sq. Ft. of nitrogen deficient grass. For best results, use a PetraTools sprayer to evenly spray mixture across lawn.
- American Family-Owned Company & USA Support: PetraTools is a USA-based company located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. All PetraTools products have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and excellent USA customer service members waiting by the phones to answer any questions you may have. PetraTools continues to work hard to deliver top-quality sprayers & solutions to keep your home, lawn, and places of business clean, green, and safe.
Last but not least, we have another liquid fertilizer with a very specific aim. Max Strength Nitrogen Fertilizer is a 28-0-0 liquid lawn fertilizer manufactured to eradicate nitrogen deficiency in plants and the soil.
This isn’t the highest concentration of nitrogen in a liquid fertilizer on our list, but it is the highest to come without phosphorous and potassium.
Besides that, this fertilizer is labeled as a 2in1 because it can release nitrogen quickly and slowly simultaneously.
What, how, and why? The quick release will ensure that your lawn continues to grow quickly, while the slow release will ensure your lawn doesn’t get deprived of nitrogen in between applications.
As this is a concentrated nitrogen fertilizer, you should perform a soil test before purchase to ensure it is what you need.
However, if your lawn is visibly pale green or yellow, you can safely assume it’s nitrogen deficiency, and you need to order this asap.
Just like the other specialty fertilizers, this one does not come in a ready-to-spray bottle. However, once mixed, you can cover up to a whopping 6,400 square feet of any type of grass!
- It has a very large coverage area of 6,4000 sq. ft.
- It works on all types of grass.
- It releases nitrogen both fast and slow.
- It does not have other macro or micronutrients.
- It is not ready to spray.
What is Liquid Lawn Fertilizer?
Liquid lawn fertilizer concentrate or liquid fertilizer typically comprises three macronutrients for adequate and timely grass growth.
Put simply, liquid lawn fertilizer is like steroids for grass. Just like granular lawn fertilizer, the three main ingredients are nitrogen (N), phosphorous (P), and potassium (K).
Liquid lawn fertilizer is either a dry substance or a liquid, which you dilute in water before spraying.
Liquid fertilizer is quicker than granular fertilizer, usually in a ready-to-spray container.
Some liquid fertilizers also contain micronutrients like iron and zinc, while others are solely comprised of micronutrients.
You can also have liquid lawn fertilizers with only one major ingredient, nitrogen or iron.
See: Florida grass types
Advantages and Disadvantages of Liquid Lawn Fertilizers
1. Easy to apply: Most liquid lawn fertilizers with two or more macronutrients come in a ready-to-spray bottle. You only need to screw on your garden hose and start spreading. Even when you dilute liquid fertilizer in a backpack sprayer, it is still easier and quicker to apply than granular fertilizer.
2. More even distribution: Spraying fertilizer ensures that every inch of your lawn is covered. This is not the case with granular fertilizer, as some parts will have higher concentrations than others, which leads to uneven growth. You also don’t have to worry about applying too much fertilizer because it will get absorbed anyway.
3. Works quicker: You tend to see quicker results with liquid fertilizers than granular ones. That is because the liquid is easier for the plants to absorb. In some instances, you can begin to notice drastic improvements in just 24 hours. In two weeks, your lawn will be completely transformed.
4. Better root penetration: Liquid fertilizer is easier for plants to absorb through their roots because the water forces the nutrients lower than they normally would. This is particularly true for phosphorous, according to Michigan State University. So, if you have phosphorus deficiency, liquid fertilizer is best.
1. Requires more frequent application: As liquid fertilizers are absorbed quickly, you must apply them more frequently. On average, you must apply liquid fertilizer every 3 to 5 weeks during the growing season.
By contrast, granular fertilizer is applied every 6 to 8 weeks. Sometimes, you only need to apply granular fertilizer once at the start of the growing season.
2. Higher application cost: If you need to buy a separate backpack sprayer to apply the liquid fertilizer, this will increase your costs. That is why most people prefer ready-to-spray bottles.
3. Storage can be difficult: Fertilizer is a long-lasting product. When unused and unopened, liquid fertilizer can last for a decade.
However, you need to store it under strict instructions. If the storage place is too hot or too cold, it will affect how the chemicals react to each other and render the fertilizer useless.
How to Choose the Best Liquid Lawn Fertilizer Concentrate for Your Lawn
Looking to unleash the green magic on your lawn? Time to pick the ultimate liquid lawn fertilizer concentrate.
Growth or planting stage
Every liquid fertilizer has an intended growth stage. If you are seeing your lawn, for example, you can opt for Extreme Growth. However, using liquid corn gluten at this time will ruin your crop.
Other fertilizers are better suited for growing lawns, while others provide micronutrients for already lush turf.
Any nutrient deficiency
The second thing to consider is what the lawn needs. The easiest way to know this is to do a soil test. Instead of calling a professional landscaper, you can purchase a soil test kit from Amazon.
This will show you how much nitrogen is in the soil, as well as other macronutrients. You can then purchase products like liquid nitrogen fertilizer or chelated iron to fix the problem.
Type of application
If you are big on convenience, then you should opt for a ready-to-spray bottle. These are not only easier to apply, but they save money on accessories. Plus, most of them are reusable.
However, if you already own a backpack sprayer and you don’t mind diluting it yourself, you’ll be fine with any product.
Season of application
Most liquid fertilizers are meant for spring application to yield lush greens ahead of summer.
However, if you are planting or fertilizing in summer or fall, you need a special liquid lawn fertilizer like Ultimate 3-18-18.
Check out other summer lawn fertilizers for grass.
Organic liquid lawn fertilizer or chemical fertilizer
The best liquid fertilizer for you might depend on if you have kids and pets running around the garden or how you feel about chemicals.
100% organic fertilizers like Just Scentsational are pet-friendly and, of course, better for the environment. However, if you rent keen on organic liquid fertilizer, any chemical alternative will do.
Value for money
Once you have waded through all these options, you can let money lead the way.
When thinking about value for money, you should consider the cost of the product and the coverage area.
Also, consider if you need to buy extra accessories to use the product.
For example, Scotts Liquid Turf Builder has the largest coverage area, even though it isn’t the cheapest.
Is liquid fertilizer good for your lawn?
Yes, liquid lawn fertilizer is very good for your lawn. It works quickly to give instant results and is much easier to apply than granular fertilizer. They do the same job, but liquid fertilizer penetrates the ground for better soil absorption.
When should I use liquid fertilizers?
The best time to use liquid fertilizers is between March and April. The weather is cooler, and you want to get the grass while it grows.
That way, your lawn will have plenty of time to absorb the nutrients. You will need to reapply liquid lawn fertilizer every 3 to 5 weeks.
Is liquid fertilizer better than granular fertilizer?
Not necessarily. Liquid lawn fertilizer has several advantages over granular fertilizer, such as quicker absorption and more even distribution. However, it is more labor-intensive as you need to reapply more frequently.
Best Liquid Lawn Fertilizer Concentrates Summary
Lawn care is hard work. However, when you have the best liquid lawn fertilizer concentrate at your disposal, it becomes a lot easier.
So, if you’re looking for dark green grass and a dense, attractive lawn with little stress, your best option is Scotts Liquid Turf Builder.
Besides doing all that a liquid fertilizer is supposed to do, it also provides weed control, saving you time and money.
The runner-up is also the best organic fertilizer is Just Sensational Bare Ground Solutions. The smell might not be fun, but your lawn will love it.